The third and last instalment of this year’s W1 Harbour Series will be run this Sunday!
- Date: Sunday, 13 September
- Time: meet at 9.30am, race start at 10am
- Where: Petone Foreshore (at the motorway end) as the forecast is for a Northwesterly, 20 knots
- Distance: ~ 10km (either along the motorway, or to the first bridge on the Hutt river and back)
- Safety: Paddlers are to ensure that they carry all necessary safety gear, i.e. life jacket, bailer, etc.
- Cost: nil, just your enthusiasm
- Purpose: This event is for those looking for some competition and for those wanting to spice up their W1 training sessions.
The event is open to all paddling craft.
Note that the event this Sunday will formally conclude this year’s W1 Harbour Series. However, Chester’s Surfski and Waka Ama Series kicks off on 27 September, thereafter run approximately every three weeks. www.surfskiandwakaama.blogspot.com