- Host: Hoe Tonga Pacifica Waka Ama Association
- Venue: Henley Lake, Masterton
- When: 24-25 November
- Distance: W1 250/500m; W6 500m/1000m/1500m
- Divisions: Midget to Master 70
- The event is open for paddlers/teams from outside the Hoe Tonga region. Some restrictions apply to W1.
- Entries close Thursday, 15 November.
- Roster closes on Tuesday, 20 November.
- Entries are to be done via your club and WANZ’s online system
- There will be a late fee if an entry is not completed by the deadline, or if the roster has not been completed on time ($15 per entry).
- There are no refunds or fee reductions for entries that withdraw after the entry deadline.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021-1250997.
The Board is pleased to present our report for 2018. Copies for club representatives will be available at tomorrow’s AGM in Whanganui.
Please click here to download a copy.
We are sad to announce that Chris Fox has tendered her resignation from the board. Therefore one vacancy will arise as a Hoe Tonga Board member after the AGM September 15th.
Hoe Tonga would like to acknowledge the time and efforts Chris Fox has contributed as a Board Member over the years she has been in the position. She has put in countless hours towards the growth of our sport in the region and she will be missed.
As a result of the vacancy, one elected positions, Hoe Tonga is calling for nominations for one new elected Board member. Deadline for application will be at the end of the month on September 30th
The process is as follows:
- Nominations can be made by Member Clubs. You can nominate any individual. Nominees do not need be a member/paddler of your club or region.
- We are seeking Board members who will take an active involvement in the sport’s governance body and in the best interests of its membership as a whole. All nominees must be honest, reliable, trustworthy and comfortable to ‘walk and talk’, particularly in relation to the values of our sport (as outlined in our Strategic Plan).
- Clubs and nominees must fill in the nomination form. They must be received, completed with relevant nominee profile and sent to email@example.com. The list of nominees, along with their profiles, will be posted on the Hoe Tonga website.
- Click here to download the nomination form.
Check out the evidence from Race 2… go to https://flic.kr/s/aHskDbQXmv or click on the photo below. All photos can be downloaded in full size from our flickr photo site.
Information for race 3 is now available here
What a stunner of a day! Paddlers were presented with great racing conditions, which also allowed us to include Mana Island in the long course for the first time.
Click here to download the results (corrected). This also includes the current standings for the Series.
Photos and videos are still being processed, keep a look out during the coming week.
Race information for Race 2 of the Series is now available at https://wp.me/p7gD9I-1yB.
This is to provide notice that Hoe Tonga’s AGM will take place in Whanganui, on 15 September, following the conclusion of the final race of the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series. It will be run in conjunction with the prize giving of the series.
Please be aware of this change in dates from 4 August to 11 August, due to requests by a number of paddlers.
For entries and event info, please go to https://wp.me/p7gD9I-1yB