W6 Sprints postponed, now on Sunday 12 December, due to adverse weather forecast

Apologies but the weather forecast is poor for Saturday, particularly for the morning when all juniors are scheduled to race. The committee has therefore decided to postpone the event until Sunday 12 December.

For your information, the forecast as per metservice at 11.30am today is as follows:

  • Saturday: Northwest 35 knots gusting 45 knots, easing to 25 knots in the afternoon and to 15 knots at night. Very rough sea becoming rough in the afternoon and slight at night. Poor visibility in morning drizzle, clearing in the afternoon.
  • Sunday: Northerly rising to 20 knots in the afternoon. Fine spells, then late drizzle.

Note that all other plans remain in place, see information package as per previous post.

If you have to withdraw your team due to unavailability, please inform Joern on joern.scherzer@gmail.com asap so that the lane draw can be amended before Sunday morning. However, we hope that all teams and volunteers can still make it to create a successful event – despite Wellington’s regular weather hoo haas.