- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints SURVEY
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Event Photos
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Results for 2009
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Lane Draw
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Race Programme
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Panui Two
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Panui One
- HTPWAA – Secondary Schools Sprints Flyer
Reflecting on the regional Secondary School event held at Porirua Harbour on Sunday 15th March 09.This has been a good initiative for the regional body, to have ran an event in support of Secondary Schools and the growth of Waka Ama in these Schools, the day itself was very successful.
Hoe Tonga Pacifica Waka Ama Association is a not for profit organisation we are the regional Waka Ama body here in Wellington, our focus is affiliated clubs. Currently we have twelve clubs within the region.
We would like to hear from Schools. Since running the event it has become evident that many Schools are not in a position to run Waka Ama regatta at this stage, with many Schools the Sport is new to them and a real lack of resources and education regarding the Sport and the options available to Schools does not yet exist.
We encourages Schools, Sports Co-ordinators, Coaches and Managers to work as one to share information so that there is no breakdown in communications and that the focus remains simple – the Rangatahi, our kids and their participation. Feel free to approach Hoe Tonga for information on options available and what to do next with getting Waka Ama underway in your School.
Hoe Tonga would like to take this opportunity to thank and acknowledge the following;
- John Hodges – For your continuous and ongoing support with setting our Lanes.
- Dennis Ngatai & Son – Safety Boat Crew / Caravan
- Alex Ryder – For providing guidance throughout, your mahi is always appreciated.
- Tai Elkington – For looking after & providing kai & drink to our volunteers
NZ Police for the Caravan & generator
- Greg Jones & Tuhiwai Jnr – providing great DJ sounds
- Louise Cavaghn – Ora Toa Health – Nurse
- Ati Awa TOA FM & Metlink – Adam Harrison for the Advertising
Maori Legal Services & Rangataua Mauriora
- Club members from TOA, HAWAIKINUI, ANIUWARU, KOKIRI, that stayed all day to help.
- Mere Elkington our Race Director on the day, outstanding work!
A huge thank you goes out to all the 12 x affiliated Waka Ama Clubs that loaned us Waka and other resources throughout the days event. Our volunteers that assisted on the day without your help the event would not have been possible.College Sport Wellington who took care of online entries and for sponsoring medals for team/s.