Here is what the regional committee discussed on the meeting on 6 May.
- Wellington Regional Sprints dates set (see website calendar)
- NZ Post Challenge Waka Ama Sprints dates set (see website calendar)
- Regional Secondary Schools Sprint Championships dates set (see website calendar)
- Hoe Tonga is considering the development of a ‘Signiture’ Race/Event for the region; this is an exciting possibility and further discussions will be taking place at the next meeting.
- Te Matau a Maui (Ocean Voyaging waka) will be visiting Wellington and being part of the Matariki Celebrations. A Mass on water welcome will take place on Saturday June 8. For further information check the website for events over 3-5 days in early June.
- Tai Tonga 41 marathon. Next year looking to increase the races to 8km for Novices and 15km for Open/Senior paddlers.
- Reminder: To paddle in waka ama events hosted by Hoe Tonga or Hoe Tonga clubs, paddlers should be members of an affliated club.
- NEXT MEETING JUNE 10, AT THE POLICE COLLEGE, 6.30PM; Lara Collins CEO of NKOA will be attending. Everyone welcome but RSVP to email@example.com is essential as seating is limited.