Last chance to register for this workshop, by no later than 29th July. Numbers are limited but there are still 6 places left.
If you know of any juniors (preferably 14 years +), attendance is free. For adults, $20 each.
Interested? Please contact Joern on 021-1250997, or firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to RSVP by 29 July.
- 3 August 2014
- 1-3pm (approximately 2 hours, but have allowed to run over time if needed)
- Wharewaka, Jervois Quay, Wellington
- Interactive presentation and (two-way) discussion, video, and practical demonstration using a rudderless W1
- bring your W1 if you want to try out any learnings after the workshop
Who could find this useful?
- Paddlers interested in improving their rudderless paddling, particularly long distance (ocean, surf)
- Paddlers interested in improving their ability to properly steer a W1 in a range of conditions
- Paddlers interested in getting the little things right (eg proper set up of the W1)
- Rigging and set-up (Tools needed, Hull set up, distance hull to ama, ama set up, toe-in?)
- Asymmetric paddling? rudderless W1 vs ruddered OC1
- Forward stroke (Parallel pull, ama/non-ama side, legs)
- Steering (stern push away stroke, J-stroke, power pry / goon stroke, rudder stroke, poke, C stroke, forward sweep, angle of blade at entry, turning at speed (around markers) / low speed, anticipation
- Sprint paddling
- Downwind paddling (sitting up, leaning back, changing sides, bumps, stroke rate)
- Racing strategies & tactics