Thanks to Nelo NZ rep Terry Newsome, Matt Archer and Jörn Scherzer have managed to get their hands on the first demo Nelo V1 in NZ to put through its paces.
Nelo are one of the world leaders in canoe and kayak building, using state of the art technology in their design and build techniques. They are the manufacturer of choice by most of today’s World and Olympic champions including New Zealand’s very own Lisa Carrington.
To have them enter the V1 market and the sport of waka ama / vaa / outrigger canoeing is a very exciting development for the sport. This is the vaa that will be used at the current 2014 World Vaa Sprint Champs in Brazil.
A first review of this new V1 in action is available here (click to follow).
Nelo V1 (OC1) Price list as at July 2014:
|Type of construction||WWR (River)||F||G||SCS||E (Marathon)|
- prizes may vary due to currency fluctuations
- for a single order an extra freight charge will be added to the above price
- WWR: Epoxy / vacuum system / Kevlar carbon
- F: Epoxy / vacuum system / Polyvinylchloride foam / carbon
- G: Epoxy / vacuum system / Polyvinylchloride foam / extra carbon
- SCS: Solid composite system by MAR Kayaks
- E: Epoxy / vacuum system / Nomex Honeycomb / carbon or Kevlar
- Length: 7.30m
- Weight: from 10kg (excluding ama and kiato)
- Beam: 42cm
- Cockpit: 105cm x 42cm
Options and extras:
- Foot pump
- Rudder with either foot pedals or K1 tiller bar
- Custom paint jobs
- Front bulk-head can be added on request (useful for ocean conditions)
- cockpit lip can be removed
Contact Terry Newsome: email@example.com; 021 074 8485.
In the meantime, if you would like a demo paddle (and you’re in the Wellington region!), feel free to contact Matt on 027 485 55 20 to arrange this.