Update: Hikoikoi Matariki Race NOW Sunday

Kia ora koutou

Due to the weather predictions for Saturday (Petone/Wellington) Hikoikoi waka ama club has moved our race to the planned and advertised postponment date.

We trust all teams and paddlers will continue to support this event and will be able to make alternative arrangements.

The race committee is all prepared to go, trophies and kai sorted we look forward to offering you an awesome race experience under better weather conditions.

Please advise if your team can no longer make the race due to the change in date as soon as possible and advise your team members.

Racing will commence at the same time and follow the same programme.


Chris Fox (Hikoikoi waka ama)
Race organiser