Ever wondered what the meaning of Hoe Tonga’s logo is?
- HOE TONGA simply means SOUTHERN PADDLERS
- PACIFICA means peoples of the pacific, not specifically any one race or origin, so Polynesian, European, Micronesian, Asian and any mix of these.
- The THREE WAVES on each side of the logo pointing towards Aotearoa/New Zealand represent humankind’s most common ideogram for WATER. They also represent POWER and INDEPENDANT MOVEMENT.
- The SPRIAL in the background represents OUTGOING MIGRATIONS. Like a pebble on a pond, the ripple effect spreads out accross the water from where it originates (in this case the centre of Aotearoa).
- The four KOWHAIWHAI represent the FOUR WINDS N/S/E/W, The FOUR CORNERS of the PACIFIC, STRENGTH and UNITY.
- The FIGURES in the canoe do not represent Male or Female, Young or Old but everyone and anyone.