Welcome to the Hoe Tonga W6 PADDLA Series 2016, proudly supported by
The Series has been designed to enable W6 teams to prepare for the Long Distance Nationals 2016, and to attract new paddlers to our sport. Races consist of a long course (10-15km) for senior teams, and a shorter course (5-8km) for junior and novice (1st year paddling) teams. The Series is overseen by Hoe Tonga, but each individual race is hosted and organised by a member club.
- Race 1: 9 July (Sat), Onepoto in Titahi Bay, Porirua, organised by Porirua Canoe Kayak Club
- Race 2: 7 August (Sunday), Dolly Varden Beach at Paremata Bridge in Porirua, organised by Hawaiki Nui Tuarua Waka Ama
- Race 3: 3 September (Sat), Whanganui, organised by Te Ringa Miti Tai Heke Whanganui Waka Ama Club
- Click here to download the W6 PADDLA Series information package (UPDATED on 13 June).
- Roles and responsibilities (Hoe Tonga’s role in this series, and what organising clubs’ responsibilities are)
- Safety check form (check out what safety equipment your team will need)
- Waiver (each paddler within a team must sign for each event)