The sun is on its way and the days are getting longer which can only mean one thing in the Waka world, Sprint Season is coming.
To assist current and new steerers, Hoe Tonga has invited Paul Roozenaal provide a performance steering workshop to any steerers wanting to gain an extra edge in their steering performance. This workshop is half theory and half practical so bring down some paddling gears and warm clothes.
DATE: October 19th
VENUE: PCKC Clubrooms
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested with full name and phone number.
Due to the growth in participation at the Regional Sprints over the last few years the Hoe Tonga Board decided that it was time to expand the event across more days. After consulting with paddlers and clubs from across the region, we can now confirm that this years Regional Sprints will be spread across two weekends.
The first weekend will be only W1 and that will be on November 23rd with the 24th being the postponement date if needed.
The second weekend will be W6 and W12 racing with heats being on Saturday Nov 30th and Finals on Sunday Dec 1st.
The official race pānui will be available at a later date.
We would like to please request some volunteers for the event from a variety clubs to ensure the event can go ahead. If you are racing or have children racing we can manage the time around this so you don’t miss out. If you are interested and happy to lend a hand please send an email to Matai at email@example.com and please advise what days you can work.
FOR SALE Maui Kanu by sole owner based in Wairarapa – waka is currently based in Whitby. Contact 0276274662 Marinna to view or for direct contact with seller.
Follow Link for more information
After a month off it was great to see crews still turn up during the winter cold on Saturday morning. Our novice division is still growing strong and our long course paddlers keep battling out in the variable conditions that Porirua has to offer.
The official results for both races can be found below including the updated points table.
Race 1 and 2 Results
(Please note some divisions have been merged together due to a lack of entries in a particular division e.g senior master mens now master mens)
Last event was unfortunately cancelled but we should be in for a great race next weekend. Make sure you guys get your entries in soon. The entries close in two days so don’t miss out. Great chance to get out on the water in Porirua.
Contact your club coordinator today to enter your teams online via the Waka Ama New Zealand Website.
It is our pleasure to welcome back as an affiliated Waka Ama Club, Kokiri Marae Tai Patu Waka Ama Club. It is not only great to see you guys back providing waka ama to eager paddlers throughout the region but also awesome to see a growing number of opportunities provided.
If you’re looking for a waka ama club to be a part of in the Hutt Valley are check these guys out. They are located at Whiorau Reserve, Lowry Bay, Seaview, Lower Hutt
Contact Briar Kopa for more information on Kokiri Marae Tai Patu Waka Ama Club. firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of other clubs throughout the region visit the Clubs tab
With the cancellation of Race 2 a couple of weeks ago racing in July has been quiet in the region and a good opportunity to enjoy time with whānau.
Now it is time to look towards Race 3 which is 3 weeks away. We do have new hosts for race 3 which is Porirua Canoe and Kayak Club, therefore it is important to note the the race will now be at the Titahi Bay Boating Club and not in Wellington City.
For the official race pānui/information click here.
Race 3 will NOT be in Wellington City. It has now been change to Titahi Bay Boating Club. The event is now being hosted by PCKC who were suppose to host race 2 but was unfortunately cancelled due to bad weather.
Date and time remains the same, an updated Pānui will be attached to the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series Page 2019 at a later time.
Due to bad weather forecast, Race two of the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series has been cancelled. As previously mentioned there is no immediate postponement date however we will look a exploring if it is possible to host this race at a later time if the schedule allows
MESSAGE FROM ORGANISERS (PCKC) Please be aware that the current forecast for the race this Saturday is not looking very good. There is no immediate postponement date for this race so if weather remains to be unsafe it will be cancelled.
Final call on if the event will go ahead will be announced on Friday 5th July at 10am