Last event was unfortunately cancelled but we should be in for a great race next weekend. Make sure you guys get your entries in soon. The entries close in two days so don’t miss out. Great chance to get out on the water in Porirua.
Contact your club coordinator today to enter your teams online via the Waka Ama New Zealand Website.
It is our pleasure to welcome back as an affiliated Waka Ama Club, Kokiri Marae Tai Patu Waka Ama Club. It is not only great to see you guys back providing waka ama to eager paddlers throughout the region but also awesome to see a growing number of opportunities provided.
If you’re looking for a waka ama club to be a part of in the Hutt Valley are check these guys out. They are located at Whiorau Reserve, Lowry Bay, Seaview, Lower Hutt
Contact Briar Kopa for more information on Kokiri Marae Tai Patu Waka Ama Club. email@example.com
For a list of other clubs throughout the region visit the Clubs tab
With the cancellation of Race 2 a couple of weeks ago racing in July has been quiet in the region and a good opportunity to enjoy time with whānau.
Now it is time to look towards Race 3 which is 3 weeks away. We do have new hosts for race 3 which is Porirua Canoe and Kayak Club, therefore it is important to note the the race will now be at the Titahi Bay Boating Club and not in Wellington City.
For the official race pānui/information click here.
Race 3 will NOT be in Wellington City. It has now been change to Titahi Bay Boating Club. The event is now being hosted by PCKC who were suppose to host race 2 but was unfortunately cancelled due to bad weather.
Date and time remains the same, an updated Pānui will be attached to the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series Page 2019 at a later time.
Due to bad weather forecast, Race two of the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series has been cancelled. As previously mentioned there is no immediate postponement date however we will look a exploring if it is possible to host this race at a later time if the schedule allows
MESSAGE FROM ORGANISERS (PCKC) Please be aware that the current forecast for the race this Saturday is not looking very good. There is no immediate postponement date for this race so if weather remains to be unsafe it will be cancelled.
Final call on if the event will go ahead will be announced on Friday 5th July at 10am
REMINDER: that entries close for Hoe Tonga Paddler Series Race 2 tonight. Make sure you have entered your crew for round 2
UPDATE: For race 3 the date is August 3rd. It was posted as August 25th however this has now been corrected to August 3rd get you entries in for race 3 as well.
Kia ora Koutou
Waka Ama New Zealand are now accepting Submissions for our 2019 race rule review process.
Everyone is well into the long distance season now with the amazing running of the first race of the paddler series 2 weeks ago and the annual Matariki Harbour Challange quickly approaching.
It is time for us all to start thinking of the next race in our calendar which is the second race of the Hoe Tonga Paddler Series hosted by PCKC. Entries are open so get in quick and the panui is now available.
Click here for the race information of event 2
What a great event yesterday with the sun shining and the wind adding a bit of fun for both our race. Thank you to Hawaikinui for running and hosting a great event. Some of the divisions have been merged on the points table due to a lack of team numbers in various divisions.
The next race of the paddler series is being hosted by PCKC in July so don’t forget to enter your team or you may full back on the points table.