Items of interest from the two last Hoe Tonga Meetings:
- New date: 1 Dec: NZ Active Post Waka Ama Challenge
- New date: 7-8 Dec: Hoe Tonga Regional Sprint Championships (reserve date 14-15 Dec)
- Mana Super 6 Ocean Challenge: race scheduled for 8 February, interested parties to assist with organising please contact Joern
- World Sprints 2014 in Rio: Selection process has now been put in place, see http://www.wakaama.co.nz/stories/read/1003299
- Sanctioning: NKOA have now completed this policy; a copy is to be sent to each club in each region. From November all races on the national calendar have to be sanctioned in order for them to stay on the calendar.
- NKOA’s coaching framework: The first 3 modules are completed and will released for trial to 3 groups.
- LDN 2014 will be held in Christchurch
- Race course: We started a discussion on possible sites/options for a sprint race course in the Wellington Region; the development of a water storage lake in the Hutt with the potential for use for waka ama sprint races could be promising
- AGM now on 9 September: clubs are asked to forward names of interested persons to stand for office
- New technologies: Hoe Tonga looking at the possibilities of use of I-pad app for timing distance races. This was used this year at LDN very successfully; we are also trialling a race tracking system called Yacht Bot (app).
Full minutes from the last two meetings (click to open):