Unfortunately PCKC has had to make the call to cancel next weekends race in Onepoto due to the uncertainty of when the Rahui will be lifted.
If you have any questions regarding this please get in contact with us otherwise we would love to see you all at our final Paddler Series Race which is being held in Whanganui on Saturday 25th September. Entries to this race are now open and all information can be found on this link. Please contact your clubs representative if you would like to enter.
Race 2 of our Paddler Series was held in Foxton yesterday and saw 27 compete across an 8km short course and a 18km long course which took them up the awa and into the Foxton Loop, something that many locals enjoyed watching from the banks and reserve in the town centre.
We would like to thank everyone for coming along to this event, to our volunteers, safety boat drivers and providers, to the clubs that entered and to all the supporters-we cant do these types of events without you.
Please see the results of both races and divisions here, and photos still to come!
Race 3 will be held at Onepoto, Porirua and will be hosted by PCKC on Saturday 7th August. See you all there!
Waka Ama NZ is bringing a W1 Coaching Clinic to our region on Saturday 17th July and will be held in Porirua. Tupuria King will be delivering the course so make sure you click on the link below and get yourself registered.
Now is the time to get your clubs team entries in for Race 2 of our Paddler Series. Being held at the Manawatu Boat Club in Foxton on Saturday 10th July. Two races will be going ahead-a short course 8km race and a long course which is 18km.
The Foxton community is excited to see waka on the awa again and the turn for the 18km race goes right up into the township.
We look forward to seeing you all up there-make contact with your club representative today and register!
Wellington region will be at Alert Level 2 from 6pm on Wednesday 23 June until 11:59pm on Sunday 27 June.
Due to the Wellington region moving into Covid-19 Alert Level 2 from 6pm Wednesday 23 June to Sunday 27 June 11:59pm. The Tai Tonga 41 – Ngā Mata o Te Ariki Tāwhirimātea marathon will not go ahead this Saturday 26 June. We do however anticipate rescheduling to August 21, 2021. Pending sanctioning approval. Notice will be posted as per-usual.
Those clubs who have already paid fees to Tai Tonga 41 OCC please email email@example.com to advise us on whether or not you would like your fees to be held for the new date or a refund be made. Bank details are needed for refund please
We would like to acknowledge the efficiency and interest of all the entries we received.
Stay safe, be vigilant, be kind, track and trace always!