For those that are interested to up skill their coaching and Waka Ama ability there are 3 spaces available for the WANZ Safety Course at Te Wharewaka o Pōneke on December 2nd.
First in first serve basis. $35 for affiliated paddlers and $75 for non-affiliated.
Email email@example.com to check if there are spaces available now.
This is the first time Hoe Tonga are hosting an event that specifically targets intermediate aged (year 7 and 8) and junior (year 9 and 10) secondary school students. This event is to introduce students to Waka Ama before moving on to secondary school competitions in the following year.
The event will include a brief pre-race workshop which includes an introduction to Waka Ama and a land based tipping drill. All teams must be at the workshop before racing.
- Host: Hoe Tonga Pacifica Waka Ama Association
- Venue: Cog Park, Evans Bay Wellington
- When: 8-9 December
- Distance: W6 1km, W6 2km
- Divisions: Int- J16 (year 9 and 10)
- This event is open to all schools with students in years 7-10
- Entries close December 2nd
- Roster Closes December 4th
- All entries must be done through the school
- Secondary schools to register via College Sport Wellington
- Intermediate/Primary Schools to register via manual registration form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are no refunds for entries that withdraw after the entry deadline date.
Any questions email email@example.com or phone 0221037755
For those that could not attend or and those wanting and update on what was talked about at the AGM you can find the minutes below
Annual AGM Minutes.
We will like to invite all club reps and club members to attend a hui to assist in developing our Strategic Plan for the next 5 years. This is an opportunity for everyone to provide their ideas on which direction they would like to see Waka Ama goes in throughout region.
Date: Sunday October 14th 2018
Venue: Te Puna Ora. (Located on the Corner of Te Hiko and Ngati Toa street in Porirua)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you all there!!!
Congratulations to all the teams that competed in Whanganui over the weekend and throughout the series. Our series continues to grow and become more competitive and it is great to see.
Special Congratulations goes out to our winning teams of the series.
For our Junior Short Course we have two teams winning taking first equal: Whitirea J16 Men TOA Waka Ama and Tamatea Otaikokako J19 Mixed
Open Short Course Champions 2018: Waitatapia Open Women Otaki Waka Hoe
Long Course Champions 2018: Motungangara Open Men Otaki Waka Hoe
Once again we presented “He Taonga Kotahitanga”. This trophy is awarded to the club from the Hoe Tonga region that accumulates the most points, based on its best three teams. This year we have a new winner with this award being presented to Otaki Waka Hoe.
For a full Overview of the results follow the link below and good luck to all the teams competing at Long Distance National 2018.
Final Results Here
The Board is pleased to present our report for 2018. Copies for club representatives will be available at tomorrow’s AGM in Whanganui.
Please click here to download a copy.
We are sad to announce that Chris Fox has tendered her resignation from the board. Therefore one vacancy will arise as a Hoe Tonga Board member after the AGM September 15th.
Hoe Tonga would like to acknowledge the time and efforts Chris Fox has contributed as a Board Member over the years she has been in the position. She has put in countless hours towards the growth of our sport in the region and she will be missed.
As a result of the vacancy, one elected positions, Hoe Tonga is calling for nominations for one new elected Board member. Deadline for application will be at the end of the month on September 30th
The process is as follows:
- Nominations can be made by Member Clubs. You can nominate any individual. Nominees do not need be a member/paddler of your club or region.
- We are seeking Board members who will take an active involvement in the sport’s governance body and in the best interests of its membership as a whole. All nominees must be honest, reliable, trustworthy and comfortable to ‘walk and talk’, particularly in relation to the values of our sport (as outlined in our Strategic Plan).
- Clubs and nominees must fill in the nomination form. They must be received, completed with relevant nominee profile and sent to email@example.com. The list of nominees, along with their profiles, will be posted on the Hoe Tonga website.
- Click here to download the nomination form.
Final race of the series with a few teams still left in contention for the trophies. Who will take them home this year?
The Pānui of the race can be accessed below and don’t forget the we will have our AGM before prize giving. Good luck to all the teams competing.
Link to race information and entries.